All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNine moms with forty-three children share their reflections from the empty nest... Mothering: An Art of the Heart is an honest, upbeat, heartfelt and personal look at the messy and wonderful business of raising children. It is a collection of short and engaging stories that celebrate family life, written by real mothers about real children. The nine moms are professional women with careers in education, health care, art and ministry. Their children are grown -- w with lives and professions and children of their own. In their reflections from the empty nest, the authors see that the legacy of handing down parenting skills can be disrupted in this day and age by distance, societal values and the sheer busyness of life schedules. The intention of this book is to pass along to the next generation the Mother Wisdom that the authors learned from their mothers, grandmothers, other moms and from their own experience. But this is t simply a collective memoir for their own children: in telling their stories, they hope to inspire all mothers, from brand-new moms to empty-nesters, to recognize their profound value and influence in nurturing strong, healthy families.
- Author BiographySuzanne Shady, Jo Ann Figueiredo-Editors and Authors; Patricia Costigan-Illustrator and Author; Patricia Bertucci, Diane Knittle, Mary Dahl Maher, Elizabeth O'Toole, Sheila Roney, Patricia Urban-Authors. The authors, or nine moms, bring a wealth of learning and experience to the creation of this book that is based on their collective passion for the importance of family in their lives. The book is dedicated to their mothers who showed us the way and to their children and grandchildren who are the reason for it all.
- Author(s)Joann Figueiredo
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJoann Figueiredo,Suzanne Shady
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.