Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.92Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionA good mother is a dead mother, according to one of the characters in the vel. What is it like to be diligently loved ? Can one stay sane through self-analysis? What will it take to make this world a better place? To reduce that anxiety of influence, of civilizations? How to make the dispossessed, contented? What does it mean to be a woman? You get the answers from two girls. Anarkali and Anna.Their stories. A million thoughts/theories. A postmodern look at the world through the eyes of these Nazrani-- Malayali, Syrian Christian-- women. The personal becomes political in the lives of these mothers and virgins. A multi-layered, multi-voiced story that spans two nations. And one (or more?) slippery narrator who wishes to, and thinks that s/he controls it all. Welcome to the Nazrani show!
- Author BiographyBorn to Syrian Catholic parents in Kerala, India, A. J. Bernard has a PhD in English Literature. She has worked as a journalist and as a Lecturer. Currently, she lives in Champaign, IL.
- Author(s)A J Bernard
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.