All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionFrom inauspicious beginnings in the kinetoscope parlors and nickelodeons to the movie palaces of the golden era, and finally to the pared down multiplexes of today, this is the history of motion picture viewing in the nation's capital and vicinity. The research is supported by numerous interviews. The book includes a 200-page listing of all the movie theaters in the area past and present, with data such as location, dates of operation, architect, and seating capacity, as well as a summary of each theater's history and current status. Maps, drawings and photographs (most of which have never before been published) round out this comprehensive study.
- Author BiographyRetired linguist Robert K. Headley lectures on theatre history, and consults on documentaries and theatre restoration. He lives in University Park, Maryland.
- Author(s)Robert K. Headley
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note99 photographs, maps, diagrams, index
- Weight721 g
- Width177 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.