Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change by William R. Miller, Stephen Rollnick (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis bestselling work for professionals and students is the authoritative presentation of motivational interviewing (MI), the powerful approach to facilitating change. The book elucidates the four processes of MI--engaging, focusing, evoking, and planning--and vividly demonstrates what they look like in action. A wealth of vignettes and interview examples illustrate the dos and don'ts of successful implementation in diverse contexts. Highly accessible, the book is infused with respect and compassion for clients. The companion Web page provides additional helpful resources, including reflection questions, an extended bibliography, and antated case material. This book is in the Applications of Motivational Interviewing series. New to This Edition: *Reflects major advances in understanding and teaching MI. *Fully restructured around the new four-process model. *Additional case examples and counseling situations. *Reviews the growing evidence base and covers ways to assess MI fidelity. Pedagogical Features Include: *Online reflection questions and antated cases, ideal for classroom discussion. *Key points at the end of each chapter. *Engaging boxes with special topics and personal reflections. *Extended bibliography and quick-reference glossary.
- Author BiographyWilliam R. Miller, PhD, is Emeritus Distinguished Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of New Mexico. He introduced motivational interviewing in a 1983 article in the journal Behavioral Psychotherapy and in the first edition of Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, written with Stephen Rollnick, in 1991. Dr. Miller's research has focused particularly on the treatment and prevention of addictions, with broader implications for the psychology of change. He is a recipient of the international Jellinek Memorial Award, two career achievement awards from the American Psychological Association, and an Innovators in Combating Substance Abuse Award from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, among many other honors. The Institute for Scientific Information lists Dr. Miller as one of the world's most cited scientists. Stephen Rollnick, PhD, is Honorary Distinguished Professor at the Cochrane Institute of Primary Care and Public Health at Cardiff University, United Kingdom. A clinical psychologist with many years of experience and a codeveloper of MI, as well as a cofounder of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers, Dr. Rollnick provides consultancy and training on the subjects of motivation, change, and MI. His research and guidelines for good practice have been widely published, and his work on implementation continues, with a current focus on children with HIV/AIDS in Africa, pregnant teens in deprived communities, and MI for teachers and sports coaches. With William R. Miller, Dr. Rollnick is coauthor of the classic work Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, now in its third edition.
- Author(s)Stephen Rollnick,William R. Miller
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication05/10/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleApplications of Motivational Interviewing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.