Motivational Interviewing with Adolescents and Young Adults by Sylvie Naar-King, Mariann Suarez (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis pragmatic guide spells out how to use motivational interviewing (MI) to have productive conversations about behaviour change with adolescents and young adults in any clinical context. Filled with vivid examples, sample dialogues, and dos and don'ts, the book shows how conducting MI from a developmentally informed standpoint can help practitioners quickly build rapport with young patients, enhance their motivation to make healthy changes, and overcome ambivalence. Experts on specific adolescent problems describe MI applications in such key areas as substance abuse, smoking, sexual risk taking, eating disorders and obesity, chronic illness management, and externalising and internalising behaviour problems.
- Author BiographySylvie Naar, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at Wayne State University. A pediatric psychologist, she conducts research on motivational and family therapy interventions for youth with HIV, asthma, diabetes, and obesity, and for adolescent risk reduction. Dr. Naar is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) and is responsible for the MI training of medical residents at the Children's Hospital of Michigan. Mariann Suarez, PhD, ABPP, is Head of Child Psychology and Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences at the University of South Florida's Morsani College of Medicine. She is a pediatric psychologist whose research focuses on the use of motivational interviewing in the areas of substance misuse, child abuse and parenting, and the training of medical students and community practitioners. Dr. Suarez is a Diplomate in Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology of the American Board of Professional Psychology, a Fellow of the American Academy of Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology, and a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers.
- Author(s)Mariann Suarez,Sylvie Naar-King
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleApplications of Motivational Interviewing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.