All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than30 artists from across the globe share their art depicting freedom and speed in two dimensionsClassic and vintage motorbikes are once again at the epicenter of counterculture. Talk to any of the custom shops and you realize that filmmakers, artists, surfers, designers, skaters, and many A-list actors are buying, riding, and commissioning motorcycles that move them. After decades of being marketed as a midlife crisis toy, the motorcycle and the culture that surrounds it are returning to their authentic roots real machines ridden by those who care about the machine and the release from quotidian drudgery, rather than show. In the wake of this cultural shift have emerged many new boutique custom shops and street riding outfitters. Even more significantly, a wave ofvibrant newgraphic design has emerged worldwide to give the movement its aesthetic stamp. It is this work which is documented here, and will be hugely inspiring to anyone on the scene and graphic designers alike. Artists include Will Barras(UK), Dirty Donny (San Francisco), Leviathan (Spain), Shawn McKinney (Los Angeles), Scarlett Rickard (UK), Lennard Schuurmans (Netherlands), Silent TV (France), Tokyo Guns (Japan), Carby Tuckwell (Australia), Chris Watson (UK), and Jeff Wright (Des Moines, Iowa).
- Author BiographyGary Inman is a journalist specializing in motorcycle culture. He is a former columnist for GQ Italy, A columnist for Rolling Stone 's Italian edition, a regular contributor to leading automotive and lifestyle titles around the world, and coeditor and copublisher of the cult motorcycle magazine Sideburn. He has recently ridden from New York to San Francisco and back, and regularly races flat track bikes on the UK's speedway ovals.
- Author(s)Gary Inman
- PublisherGraffito Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGraffito Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1461 g
- Width223 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.