All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMotoring in the Last 100 Years, The Wolverhampton Way is a highly detailed account of the development of engines and cars in the period and the people who were instrumental in shaping the future of motoring from its early roots. There is a wealth of technical detail augmented by drawings and photographs which help to build up a picture of how engines, motor cars and motoring developed. The author has based his account upon his own personal experiences in the immediate area in which he grew up, which was at the heart of the manufacturing industry, and the experiences of family and friends involved in the motoring industry or who had extensive use of its products. The history of famous, but w almost forgotten names of manufactures such as Sunbeam, Guy and Villiers is recorded. The author also covers development and use of engines in a range of applications covering boats, tractors, commercial vehicles and early aeroplanes.
- Author BiographyPeter was born in 1940 in Wolverhampton, where he was raised and spent his working life both in and around many of the companies included in this book. Unfortunately he suffered a major stroke at the age of thirty-four. After a period of recovery and rehabilitation, he began the next phase of his life working at his own pace on his own smallholding.
- Author(s)Peter Morrey
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width235 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.