All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on over 20 years of experience as an instructor and developer of technical support and training materials for major drives manufacturers, the author of this practical reference introduces engineering concepts of motors and drives in a way that can be easily understood by both engineers unfamiliar with the techlogy, and technicians who are technically literate but t accustomed to complex theory and mathematics. It features simple explanations, summaries, review questions, glossaries, and reference tables for formulas and conversions. The text begins with an explanation of the principles of DC and variable frequency AC drive techlogy. It provides an overview of drive components and types of drives, with special emphasis given to common motion control applications for each. The text goes on to cover DC and AC motor and drive operation, step motors, AC vector motors, brushless servo motors, linear stepper and linear servo motors, drive invations such as vector drives, PWM stepper, and servo drives. Feedback devices such as tachometers, resolvers, and encoders are also addressed as they relate to speed and torque control. Later chapters cover drive systems control methods and the maintenance and troubleshooting of drive systems. Design engineers, automation and control specialists, maintenance technicians, and students will find this to be an invaluable resource, both as a tutorial and a desk reference.
- Author(s)Dave Polka
- Date of Publication15/06/2003
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationResearch Triangle Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $53.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.