Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1911, Rev. Terence Shealy purchased the Meyer estate on Staten Island. With magnificent views of the New York Harbor, the estate was a dream come true for Father Shealy. He was at the forefront of the lay retreat movement in the United States, and the Meyer estate was the perfect refuge for men to escape from the stress of everyday life. Judges and bricklayers came together to meditate and enjoy the beauty of this hilltop in rural Staten Island. The lay retreat movement grew and spread across the United States, with thousands coming to Mount Manresa. The house also had a strong relationship with Fordham University. The first retreat took place at Rose Hill campus, and three former Fordham presidents became directors of Mount Manresa after they left their posts in academia. Today Mount Manresa plays host to a multitude of retreats throughout the year, bringing more than 15,000 guests to the campus annually.
- Author(s)Thomas W Matteo
- PublisherArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Date of Publication03/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleImages of America (Arcadia Publishing)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArcadia Publishing (SC)
- Weight318 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.