All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Tony's mother is sent to jail, he is sent to stay with a great uncle he has never met in Sierra Nevada. It is a daunting move Tony's new world bears semblance to his previous one. But slowly, against a remote and remarkable backdrop, the scars from Tony's troubled past begin to heal. With his Tio and a search-and-rescue dog named Gabe by his side, he learns how to track wild animals, is welcomed to the Cowboy Church, and makes new friends at the Mountain School. Most importantly though, it is through Gabe that Tony discovers unconditional love for the first time, in Mountain Dog by Margarita Engle. A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2013
- Author BiographyMargarita Engle is a poet and novelist whose work has been published in many countries. Her books include The Surrender Tree, a Newbery Honor book and winner of the Jane Addams Children's Book Award, the Pura Belpre Award, the Americas Award, and the Claudia Lewis Poetry Award; The Poet Slave of Cuba, winner of the Pura Belpre Award and the Americas Award; and Hurricane Dancers, winner of the Pura Belpre Award.Olga and Aleksey Ivanov immigrated to the United States from Russia in 2002. The husband and wife team received a classical art education in Moscow and have collaborated on over 80 children's books, including The Tall Book of Mother Goose and Charlotte's Web. They live and work together in an artist studio near Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)MS Margarita Engle
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Illustrator(s)Aleksey & Olga Ivanov
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.