All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you looking for inspiration to tackle life's challenges? Want to learn simple ways to live life more fully, with more energy, and with greater success? Mountain Mantras: Wellness and Life Lessons from the Slopes uses stories from the author's personal life as an engaging, often hilarious, backdrop for studying wellness and life lessons. From starting a nprofit to her family's journey west and her humbling adventures learning to ski as an adult, Kathryn's stories inspire and entertain. It doesn't matter whether you re a pro at skiing or have never set foot on the slopes. You'll learn simple tools and even games that make wellness fun. When you read Mountain Mantras, you will learn how to: * Achieve greater success in life simply by adjusting how you perceive events around you. * Discover a 6-step framework you can use to overcome obstacles in your own life. * Use vision and visualization to turn your dreams into reality. * Learn strategies to engage fully in life, while experiencing improved health and vitality.
- Author BiographyWhen she s not on the slopes, Kathryn Kemp Guylay is engaged in numerous other activities in her community and beyond. She is wife to husband Jeff and proud mother to Elena and Alexander. Kathryn, Jeff, Elena, and Alexander live in Ketchum, Idaho, with their six pets. As the founder and executive director of Nurture, Kathryn continues to provide free nutrition and wellness education and services to children and families. As a principal of Healthy Solutions of Sun Valley, Kathryn brings wellness solutions to organizations and corporations through speaking engagements and workshops. You can hear Kathryn s voice on KDPI FM Ketchum when she hosts her own bi-weekly radio show on wellness topics. In service to her community, Kathryn acts an advisory board member for The Hunger Coalition, the food pantry for the Wood River Valley in Idaho. She is also a mentor at the Ketchum Innovation Center, which provides guidance and support to small, local businesses. She is a big fan of Michelle Obama s Let s Move! campaign and is proud to participate in several areas of the initiative. Kathryn also participates as a local ambassador for the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution and the Center for Science in the Public Interest (Food Day). Recent awards include a Pillars of Character Award (City of Highland Park, Illinois), the Community Health Hero (Edible Schoolyard of Berkeley, California), and Health Hero (Public Health Department of South Central Idaho). Kathryn earned a BA from Emory University and an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. She earned her Certification in Nutritional Counseling from Trinity College in Warsaw, Indiana. Kathryn has several certifications in corporate wellness from the Wellness Council of America (WELCOA). Kathryn is the co-creator of the upcoming children s book Give it A Go, Eat a Rainbow in collaboration with professional food photographer, Paulette Phlipot.
- Author(s)Kathryn Kemp Guylay
- PublisherHealthy Solutions of Sun Valley
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealthy Solutions of Sun Valley
- Weight340 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.