All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1906, Nello Vern-Wood (1882-1978) reinvented himself as Tex Wood, Banff hunting guide and writer of yarns of the wilderness by a competent outdoorsman. His homespun stories of a vanishing world, in such periodicals as The Sportsman, Hunting and Fishing, and the Canadian Alpine Journal, have much to tell us about the west as envisioned by those who wanted to leave the early 20th century behind - or at least read about others who had done so. In the writings of his persona Tex, Vern-Wood created an image of the frontier that blended the West of his guiding experiences with the West as a literary object. Editors Gow and Rak guide the reader with a framing introduction to the work, as well as to each article.
- Author BiographyAndrew Gow is Professor in the Department of History and Classics at the University of Alberta. Julie Rak is an associate professor of English at the University of Alberta.
- PublisherAU Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEDMONTON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAU Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAndrew Gow,Julie Rak
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.