All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you use a film or digital camera, this book provides essential guidance for successful photography in the mountains. Philip encourages artistic experimentation and uses stunning examples of his own work to illustrate this important craft of visual communication. His tips on composition: perspective, cropping, lines, shapes, patterns, tones and contrast and capturing motion will inspire all amateur photographers. In addition, he provides advice on practical aspects such as how to choose a suitable camera and accessories, correct metering while on sw and at high altitude, and most important, how to stay safe in precarious shooting situations.
- Author BiographyPhilip Smith is a widely-acclaimed freelance photographer specialising in mountain and adventure photography whose work sells worldwide through a network of agencies. His early successes in documenting climbing and skiing trips in the Canadian Rockies has led to assignments in the Himalaya, Karakoram, Andes and Alps. Presently he lives in Canmore, in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, with his wife Karen and children Joshua and Julia.
- Author(s)Philip R. I. Smith
- PublisherRocky Mountain Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRocky Mountain Books,Canada
- Out-of-print date21/12/2015
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight590 g
- Width235 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.