All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionWhat seems to be a carjacking gone wrong leads to the death of Jimmy Blacksheep, a Navajo member of the New Mexico National Guard recently returned from Iraq. When Navajo Police Special Investigator Ella Clah receives a mysterious package in the mail, she begins to suspect that Jimmy's death is part of something larger. Complicating the case is the fact that Jimmy's brother, Samuel Blacksheep, is also a cop, on the Farmington PD. Samuel is also ostensibly investigating Jimmy's death, but Ella wonders why Jimmy sent his secret message to her rather than his own brother. If Jimmy didn't trust Samuel, perhaps Ella shouldn't either. When even the FBI's experts are unable to figure out the dead man's message, Ella realizes that she must use Navajo lore, t cryptography, to decode it. Tantalizing clues link Jimmy's death to his military service-but what could the medic have seen in Iraq that would make him a target for murder back home?Ella's personal life seems just as complicated as her case. Her mother, Rose Destea, marries her long-time beau, Herman Cloud, and moves in with him. While Ella is delighted to see her mother happy, she cant help but worry about making sure her daughter, Dawn, is safe and cared for at all times. Dawn's father asks for a change in custody arrangements that will reduce Ella to a weekend mother-a much easier fit with her workload but something that will take a terrible toll on her heart.
- Author BiographyAimee and David Thurlo are the authors of the Ella Clah series, the Lee Nez series of Navajo vampire mysteries, and the Sister Agatha novels. Their other works include Plant Them Deep, a novel featuring Rose Destea, the mother of Ella Clah, and The Spirit Line, a young adult novel. David was raised on the Navajo Reservation and taught school there until his recent retirement. Aimee, a native of Cuba, has lived in the US for many years. They live in Corrales, New Mexico, and often make appearances at area bookstores.
- Author(s)Aimaee Thurlo,Aimee Thurlo,David Thurlo
- Date of Publication21/03/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleElla Clah
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width124 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.