All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dream-like coming-of-age vel about a boy with a stutter growing up in 1970s Montreal who becomes a young gay man with a stutter who uses sound to remember and understand the world around him. He decodes subliminal messages heard in record albums, finds prophecy in twisted retellings of Bible stories, and studies the speech of the famously 'disfluent' including The Grand Antonio, a strongman he befriended as a kid. This is a loudly exclaimed book of whispers, rumours, and the tangled barbs of repressed memory; it is speech therapy for the bent.
- Author BiographyDaniel Allen Cox: Daniel Allen Cox is the author of the novels Shuck, Krakow Melt, and Basement of Wolves, all published by Arsenal Pulp Press. He is the co-screenwriter of the 2014 Bruce LaBruce film Gerontophilia. Daniel is a 2015 writer-in-residence at the ZVONA i NARI Library & Literary Retreat in Li njan, Croatia.
- Author(s)Daniel Allen Cox
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Weight282 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.