Move to Greatness: Focusing the Four Essential Energies of a Whole and Balanced Leader by Ginny Whitelaw, Betsy Wetzig (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.04+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a senior manager at NASA, Dr. Ginny Whitelaw had access to excellent leadership training. But like most leadership training, it taught leaders from the neck up, t deeply eugh to develop the whole and balanced leaders so needed in today's complex organizations. She knew there had to be a deeper, more integrated way of developing effective leaders. There is! Move to Greatness reveals that to lead and live wholly, basic energy patterns must be brought into balance. Out of kilter, these four patterns create the ineffective buts in leadership style ( great at making numbers, but hell on staff ) and personal performance ( successful at work, but has life ). Success and failure originate in our use (or misuse) of four fundamental patterns in the nervous system that have been studied over decades: * The Driver pushes into every barrier with speed, directness and intensity and puts a focus on priorities, actions and the bottom line. * The Organizer does the right thing with discipline and order and establishes processes, clarifies roles and assigns responsibility. * The Collaborator swings into playful engagement with life and the people in it and as a leader, the Collaborator is oriented to customers, employees, loyalty and fun. * The Visionary goes with the flow, hangs out in the chaos, and leaps to new possibilities while the Visionary leader thinks outside the box and creates the future. Using these patterns as a map, you will understand people more easily and more deeply, and see how to lead them more effectively. Moreover, you'll learn how to move yourself to your highest potential. Discover your natural preferences and learn how to literally move yourself-and others-to greatness.
- Author BiographyDr. Ginny Whitelaw is co-founder of Focus Leadership, LLC, and co-creator of the Focus Balance Energy Indicator (FEBI). A biophysicist by training, she is the former Deputy Manager of the International Space Station Program at NASA, where she was awarded NASA's Exceptional Service Medal for her achievements. She has also served as an adjunct faculty member of Columbia University's Senior Executive program, as well as an executive coach and program director at the Oliver Wyman Executive Learning Center. She lives in Baltimore, Maryland. Betsy Wetzig is a choreographer, dancer and teacher having worked with, among others, Martha Graham s Company Class. She develops and directs workshops for Coordination Pattern TrainingTM that has trained thousands of people across the US, Europe and Australia.
- Author(s)Betsy Wetzig,Ginny Whitelaw
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNicholas Brealey International
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $27.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.