All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on extrapyramidal signs and symptoms of all types of dementia, and addresses the issue of the artificial boundary between dementias and Parkinsonism, which represent the two most common symptoms found in degenerative central nervous system diseases. In Movement Disorders in Dementias, movement disorder specialists from around the world write on topics generally restricted to dementia experts. Important motor issues related to either medication in demented patients (drug-induced movement disorders) or manifestations common to all forms of dementia, regardless of underlying cause (gait disorders, falls, fear of falling), is followed by analysis of the relationship between motor and cognitive symptoms, from their common pathogenesis to specific medical treatments. Movement Disorders in Dementias is aimed at general neurologists, dementia specialists, movement disorders specialists, neuropsychologists and geriatricians.
- Author BiographyMarcelo Merello MD PhD Professor of Neurology Universidad Catolica Argentina. Director of Neuroscience Department Raul Carrea Institute for Neurological Research FLENI. Clinical Researcher CONICET Born in Argentina in 1961, Marcelo J. Merello graduated from the School of Medicine, Buenos Aires University in 1987, where he later took his PhD degree. He completed an internal medicine residence at CEMIC and then Neurology at FLENI both in Buenos Aires. He was a Research Fellow in neurology at the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases Queen Square and Research Registrar in Neurology at the Middlesex Hospital, both in London. Currently, he is head of the Movement Disorders Section at the Raul Carrea Institute for Neurological Research (FLENI) in Buenos Aires and Director of Neuroscience of the same institute and currently teaching at the University of Buenos Aires and as Professor of Neurology at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina (UCA). He is also Clinical Researcher of the CONICET Argentina. He has co-authored over 120 papers in leading peer reviewed journals in the field, more than 200 abstracts presentations on Parkinson's disease, dystonia, and other movement disorders in international congresses and he has written more than 20 book chapters. He wrote / co-edited six books. He was member of the editorial Board of Movements Disorders Journal, and is currently co-editor in chief of Movement Disorders Clinical Practice journal. Sergio E. Starkstein MD PhD Professor of Psychiatry, School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia. Born in Argentina in 1957, Sergio E. Starkstein graduated from the School of Medicine, Buenos Aires University in 1981, where he later took his PhD degree in neuropsychiatry. He completed an internal medicine residence at CEMIC and then Neurology and Psychiatry at FLENI both in Buenos Aires. He was Assistant Professor at the Departments of Psychiatry, at The Johns Hopkins University and the University of Iowa, both in the U.S.A. Currently he is head of the Neuropsychiatry Unit at the School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia, and head of the Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service at Fremantle Hospital, Western Australia. He has co-authored over 240 papers in leading peer review journals in the field, more than 200 abstracts presentations on neuropsychiatric disorders in international meetings and has written more than 50 book chapters. He wrote / co-edited three books, and has a BA (Hons) degree in Philosophy (University of Western Australia).
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, 36 black & white tables, biography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMarcelo Merello,Sergio E. Starkstein
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.