All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of Bellefontaine Cemetery in St. Louis is told through the stories of those who are buried there. The book is organized into sections, such as artists, fur traders, and Civil War generals, which feature biographies of individuals. Besides being a history of a significant place, this book functions as a guidebook to St. Louis and its table residents. Because so many of St. Louis s leading citizens (such as William Clark, James Buchanan Eads, Susan Blow, and Adolphus Busch) are buried in Bellefontaine, the book is a tale of the city. Cemetery records and interviews with such insiders as the cemetery s superintendent and gatekeeper inform the research. The contributions and controversies that make up St. Louis history are revealed, and the architecture and landscape of the cemetery are celebrated as significant to the region.
- Author BiographyCarol Ferring Shepley, who is based in St. Louis, has written for Money Magazine, Time, and Harper s Bazaar. A former art critic for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and Professor of Art History, Shepley has published such books as Ann Norton, Sculptor ; Mary Institute, 125 Years ; and Miami for Kids: A Parents Guide to Dade County.
- Author(s)Carol Ferring Shepley
- PublisherMissouri Historical Society Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMissouri Historical Society Press
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.