Moving Forward: Six Steps to Forgiving Yourself and Breaking Free from the Past by Everett L. Worthington (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI can never forgive myself, she said. Every time I think about it, I get sick to my stomach. I knew that feeling. I had felt it through my own failures and shortcomings. And I also knew I could help her, because I kw that sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself. The partial truth about us is hard to accept: We are flawed. We hurt those we love. We fail to step in when others need us most. We do wrong-and we need forgiveness. From others, from God, but also from ourselves. But the full truth about us is liberating and freeing: While we are more deeply flawed than we can imagine, we also are far more valuable and cherished than we can comprehend. To reach the place where we can forgive ourselves, we must recognize and embrace this life-changing truth. Our flawed nature is more than matched by the overwhelming, remarkable, and unsurpassed value that God ascribes to us. The gift of God's welcome, His embrace, and His acceptance is the truth that frees us from self-blame, guilt, and shame. And embracing this certainty is the healing balm that takes the sting out of our past mistakes and brings true self-forgiveness. In this practical, inspiring book, Dr. Everett Worthington weaves his own story of struggling with his brother's suicide and his overwhelming feelings of regret, together with psychological insight, scientific research, and biblical truth. He identifies six steps to forgiving yourself and opens a clear path to freedom from self-condemnation to self-acceptance and most importantly, to the full life that Christ promises.
- Author BiographyEverett L. Worthington Jr. (Ph.D., University of Missouri) is professor of psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University. A licensed clinical psychologist, he works with VCU's counseling program and with VCU's social psychology and developmental psychology programs. He is the director of VCU's Marital Assessment, Therapy and Enrichment Center (MATE) and served as executive director of A Campaign for Forgiveness Research. He has published more than 200 articles and papers on forgiveness, marriage and family, psychotherapy and virtue in a wide variety of journals and magazines. He was the founding editor of Marriage and Family: A Christian Journal and sits on the editorial boards of several professional journals. He has appeared on Good Morning America, CNN, The 700 Club and in many national newspapers. He is the author of more than twenty books including Handbook of Forgiveness; Hope-Focused Marriage Counselling; and Forgiving and Reconciling. Most recently he has produced A Just Forgiveness: Responsible Healing Without Excusing Injustice.
- Author(s)Everett L. Worthington
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight209 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.