All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy and Sally are two young people who share the same hopes and dreams as young people throughout the world. They dream of love, success and respect. They hope to find themselves, gain independence and become the adults they want to be. However, what separates them from most is that they were both born with autistic spectrum condition and w face a journey to adulthood ridden with hurdles that the label and the disability create. Jimmy is a young man who wants desperately to work in films, a passion he's held since he can remember. He wants to become an adult, door key and all, and won't stop asking and questioning until he gets there. And most of all, he wants to be with the ones he loves and the people he needs. Sally wants to be liked, respected and understood. She wants to share her cooking with the world, so long as she can have step by step recipes to help her along. She's been forced to grow up quickly in a house with little support and w she's ready to move out into the world; hoping that it's ready for her and she's ready for it. As both grow and move upwards; towards that seemingly un-reachable place where you have your own money, your own house and your own life, battling against their label, a society that seemingly doesn't understand and teachers that always want to hold their hand; they soon find life's a lot easier when you can do it all with someone by your side. Moving Forward is a journey of two young people and their friends as they move from early adolescence to adulthood, their burdening label eased by each other and the occasional outsider who's prepared to listen and treat them how they want to be treated by the world. Like adults.
- Author BiographyAndrew Fitzgerald is an English writer, born in 1987 who also works full time as a transition worker for young people with disabilities in London. 'Moving Forward' is his first novel and one that combines the two things he loves, his work and writing. Writing has been a passion of his since he was very young when he realised how much he loved to read. All throughout his early life, his teens and early adulthood he read and wrote, unable to stop doing either, often until the early hours of the morning. He loved to read all sorts, from the classic fiction novel, to Dystopian fiction, modern fiction, poetry, SI FI, romance, short stories, and tried his hand at writing within many different genres and loved the different ways you could play around with each, language, style and theme. Writing the coming of age book, Moving Forward, became the novel that it is being taken further than any of his other projects, because of his belief in the simple idea that so many young people with disabilities are overlooked by society and so many of their skills lay dormant as they aren't given their chance to shine. Working with so many brilliant young people was his inspiration for doing what many of them found difficult, getting their story out there and getting their voices, dreams and hopes heard. If you would like more information on Andrew Fitzgerald or around any issues raised in the book please contact him on email@example.com or visit him on his facebook page which will detail other up-coming projects.
- Author(s)Andrew Fitzgerald
- Date of Publication23/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.