All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe current trends in consumer electronics--including the use of GPS-equipped PDAs, phones, and vehicles, as well as the RFID-tag tracking and sensor networks--require the database support of a specific flavor of spatio-temporal databases. These we call Moving Objects Databases. Why do you need this book? With current systems, most data management professionals are t able to smoothly integrate spatio-temporal data from moving objects, making data from, say, the path of a hurricane very difficult to model, design, and query. Whether your field is geology, national security, urban planning, mobile computing, or almost anything in between, this book's concepts and techniques will help you solve the data management problems associated with this kind of data.
- Author BiographyRalf Hartmut Guting is Professor of computer science at the University of Hagen, Germany. After a one-year visit to the IBM Almaden Research Center in 1985, extensible and spatial database systems became his major research interests. He is the author of two German textbooks on data structures/algorithms and on compilers and has published about 50 articles on computational geometry and database systems. He is an associate editor of ACM Transactions on Database Systems. Markus Schneider is an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department of the University of Florida and holds a doctoral degree in Computer Science from the University of Hagen, Germany. He is author of a monograph in the area of spatial databases and of a German textbook on implementation concepts for database systems, and has published about 40 articles on database systems. He is on the editorial board of GeoInformatica.
- Author(s)Markus Schneider,Ralf Hartmut Guting
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication06/09/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1130 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.