Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $200.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $149.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMediation, the facilitated discussion of disputes and conflicts, is a flexible approach that can be used at all levels of intervention to move us toward a global peace that is both inclusive and fair. This volume, edited by Jan Marie Fritz, brings together mediators, scholar-practitioners, and a veteran diplomat to discuss the life and times of mediation in very different settings. The 14 chapters include three essays about culture, creativity, and models/theories/approaches. And there are ten chapters about practice: community mediation, mediation by police, special education mediation; interventions on behalf of widows in Nigeria; capacity-building work in Burundi; mediation in Israel; the creative facilitation of meetings; community conferencing; UN Security Council Resolution 1325 (Women and Peace and Security) and the role of civil society organizations in peacebuilding. This volume discusses the expanding roles - from prevention through societal transformation - assumed by mediators and the urgent need for mediators working at different intervention levels to learn from each other. This volume is a must read for scholars, researchers, policymakers, civil society representatives and practitioners with interests in effective dispute and conflict intervention. It particularly is recommended for those managing dispute and conflict intervention processes.
- Author BiographyJan Marie Fritz, Ph.D., a Certified Clinical Sociologis (CCS), is Professor of Health Policy and Planning in the School of Planning at the University of Cincinnati. She also is affiliated with the Department of Women's Studies and the Department of Sociology. She is the author or editor of more than 90 publications including six editions of The Clinical Sociology Resource Book and publications on mediation in French and Italian. She is a vice president of the International Sociological Association (an approximately 4000 member organization based in Spain), and a former president of national and international practice organizations. She has been a mediator for 25 years for small claims, equal employment opportunity, special education and workplace disputes. She also has facilitated organizational and community meetings concerned with dispute analysis and resolution. She teaches mediation and environmental dispute resolution at the University of Cincinnati, has trained mediators in Italy and the United States, is a former member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's, National Environmental Justice Advisory Council's committee on research and health, and has given presentations about mediation in many countires including Australia, Greece, Venezuela, South Africa and Japan.
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleClinical Sociology: Research and Practice
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight736 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJan Marie Fritz
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.