All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRedesign your static website into a modern, fully responsive website. As the usage of mobile devices of all shapes and sizes increases exponentially every year, and dominates the manner in which many users access the web, it is w imperative for any business to have a responsive website that adapts seamlessly to any screen size and resolution - a change that will impact t only your designs but the way you build your site. Moving to Responsive Web Design shows you how to convert fixed grids, previously built on absolute units such as pixels, into fluid ones, based on relative units such as percentages or ems. You will also learn to plan how your designs and patterns will adapt across various breakpoints, and how to approach the challenge of responsive images. The prospect of converting an existing site into responsive design, when you don't have all the time in the world and your resources are already outstretched, can be daunting, but with this book and the right tools you can tame the scope of the project from the start and find the time for you and your team to work on making your site enjoyable on any device. Moving to Responsive Web Design is full of ideas and examples of how you can more easily plan, design, develop, and release, your responsively redesigned site.* Provides ways of finding time in your hectic schedule to complete a project that is truly important * Helps you to scope a responsive redesign project so it's achievable with the resources you have available * Provides examples of how other teams have solved some of the most common problems What You Will Learn* Find the time in your busy schedule to redesign your site. * Engage the entire team in the plan, design and development process. * Use your resources in clever and efficient ways.Author BiographyInayaili de Leon is Lead Web Designer at Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, where she focused on establishing and evangelizing the brand's visual direction online. She loves and lives the web and her job and that she can learn something new every day. Inayaili has a degree in Communications Design, and has been working as a web designer since 2003. Working on content-heavy websites is a challenge and a pleasure that she will happily take on, transforming what could easily look like a mess into user-friendly designs. Inayaili is an author and speaker, writing on her own blog, Web Designer Notebook.com, as well as for popular online publications such as A List Apart, 24 Ways, Smashing Magazine, and .net Magazine. She is also a member of .net Magazine and Smashing Magazine's Expert Panel. Inayaili is Panamanian-Portuguese, born in the USSR, and living in London since 2008 - her favorite city in the world. She is the co-author of Pro CSS for High-Traffic Websites (Apress, 2011).
- Author(s)Inayaili De Leon Persson
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 66 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight285 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.