Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.92Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic of music criticism provides detailed studies of 23 of Mozart's pia concertos. In addition to establishing the lines along which the genre developed, the concertos also shed light upon the technical and inspirational growth of their creator.The first full-length survey devoted to these works, this scholarly book presents a full, concrete musical analysis that makes liberal use of musical examples -- 417 in all -- and presents authoritative information on the concertos' form, tone, style, and balance as well as the circumstances of their composition. The author compares and contrasts each piece with Mozart's other works and with compositions by Beethoven, Haydn, and other composers. A definite text for musicologists, performers, teachers, and students, this study's clarity and personable tone make it accessible to any lover of Mozart's music.
- Author BiographyBritish musicologist and literary scholar Cuthbert Girdlestone (1895 1975) was educated at Cambridge and the Sorbonne and taught French at King's College in Newcastle from 1926 to 1960.
- Author(s)Cuthbert Girdlestone,Cuthbert Morton Girdlestone
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDover Books on Music, Music History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteprinted music items
- Weight544 g
- Width135 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction bySara Davis Buechner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.