CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionIt wasn't the first time that His Majesty's armed schooner Gipsy had encountered a Caribbean hurricane. But for Lieutenant Michael Fitton, who commanded her, this particular hurricane was to bring quite unexpected dangers and problems: an uncharted coral island, a clash with his old enemy the French Gloire, and the surprising advent of Mrs Sarah Buckley. And it seemed to Fitton that these stirring events were put in train by a cockroach - or to be more precise, half a cockroach. First published in 2000 Mr Fitton's Hurricane was the eleventh and last of Showell Styles' sequence of vels about Fitton, a real-life seafaring hero of the Napoleonic age. All eleven are w available in Faber Finds . Frank Showell Styles was born in Four Oaks, Warwickshire, in 1908 and served in the Royal Navy in World War Two before embarking on his successful literary career, during which he published over 160 books. He died in 2005.
- Author BiographyShowell Styles was born Frank Showell Styles in 1908. His childhood was spent in the Welsh hills and he became an avid mountaineer and explorer. During the war, Styles joined the Navy and was posted in the Mediterranean, but even there he walked and climbed as much as he could.An aspiring writer, Styles already had articles published in Punch, before setting out toe make his living as an author. His first novel, Traitor's Mountain, was a murder mystery set on and around Tryfan in Wales. He became a prolific writer with over 160 books published. As well as books on mountains such as The Mountaineer's Weekend Book, he wrote detective fiction under the pseudonym of Glyn Carr, and humorous pieces as C.L. Inker.Showell Styles died in 2005.
- Author(s)Showell Styles,Showell Styles F.R.G.S.
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThe Lieutenant Michael Fitton Adventures
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber Finds
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight256 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.