Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blacko55
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShabba me whiskers! It's one of those Mr Gum books by Andy Stanton. They're only the craziest, funnest most amazing books for children in the world. Mr Gum and the Power Crystals Can it really be true that there's an ancient curse on the town of Lamonic Bibber? And you guessed it, that old roo-de-lally Mr Gum and his trusty sidekick Billy William the Third have something to do with it. But ...our favourite heroes Polly and Friday and the gingerbread biscuit Alan Taylor (only 15.24 cm tall) are determined to save the town (sigh of relief). Hang on to your heads and prepare to chuckle like a chipmunk as you're whisked to the land of talking dogs, silly songs, Old Granny, and the best chase scene you've ever seen. Mr Gum and the Power Crystals is the fourth book in the internationally best-selling series by Andy Stanton, which has won everything from the Blue Peter Book Award (twice) the Roald Dahl Funny Prize and the Red House Children's Book Award. Praise for Mr Gum: 'Smooky palooki! This book is well brilliant!' - Jeremy Strong 'Worryingly splendid' - Guardian NOT FOR BORERS!
- Author BiographyAuthor and Illustrator Information Andy Stanton lives in North London. He studied English at Oxford but they kicked him out. He has been a standup comedian, a film script reader, a cartoonist, a film script reader, a cartoonist, an NHS lackey and lots of other things. He has many interests, but best of all he likes Radio 4, books and music (even jazz). One day he'd like to live in New York or Berlin or one of those places because he's got fantasies of bohemia. His favourite expression is 'Please, sir' and his favourite word is 'proletariat'. This is his fourth book. His first book You're A Bad Man, Mr Gum! won the Red House Children's Book Award. David Tazzyman lives in South London with his girlfriend, Melanie, and their son, Stanley. He grew up in Leicester, studied illustration at Manchester Metropolitan University and then travelled around Asia for three years before moving to London in 1997. He likes football, cricket, biscuits, music and drawing. He dislikes celery.
- PrizesShortlisted for Independent Booksellers' Week Book of the Year Award: Children's Book of the Year 2008.
- Author(s)Andy Stanton
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMr Gum
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight211 g
- Width133 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Tazzyman
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.