Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMr Lynch's Holiday is the new comic vel by Catherine O'Flynn, the bestselling and prize-winning author of What Was Lost and The News Where You Are. 'I'm looking forward to seeing you and Laura and getting my first taste of abroad .' Eamonn Lynch stares at the letter anuncing his father's imminent arrival. His first thought: I'll make an excuse, I'll put him off. But it's too late. Laura has left, and Dermot is already here, a fresh arrival from Ireland to southern Spain. Now it's just the two of them, father and son, for two long, hot weeks. Neither kws quite what to make of the other. But as they are swept up in the British expats' ceaseless barbecuing and bickering, they begin to discover the truth about why each left home and about the family past. At the same time they uncover a shocking, unackwledged secret at the heart of this defiant but beleaguered community. Mr Lynch's Holiday is the moving story of a father and son pushed together in sunny Spain. With warmth and wit it is about the clash of generations; about how families fracture and heal themselves; and about how living abroad can be less like a holiday and more like a life sentence. 'An awesomely talented writer' Jonathan Coe 'Delightful ...a rare love story between a father and a son' Sunday Telegraph 'Subtle, clever and thoroughly enjoyable' Sunday Mirror 'A remarkable and original writer ...tenderness, warmth, thoughtfulness and comic genius are words that are flung around a lot, but it's more than that. She flinches at thing and is as sharp as dammit' Fay Weldon, Observer 'A flow of laugh-aloud satire ...sharp eugh to rank her with Mark Haddon and Marina Lewckya' Independent on Sunday on The News Where You Are Catherine O'Flynn was born in 1970 and raised in Birmingham, the youngest of six children. Her debut vel, What Was Lost, won the Costa First Novel Award, was shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award and was longlisted for the Booker and Orange Prizes. Her second vel, The News Where You Are, was shortlisted for the Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize and an Edgar Allen Poe Award.
- Author(s)Catherine O'Flynn
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight254 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.