Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $5.40Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMr Strong's rugby team are about to play the biggest match of their lives and Mr Strong has some good players up his sleeve: Mr Greedy, the one-man scrum, Mr Tickle with his outstanding tackles and the fastest player of them all, Mr Rush. But with Mr Forgetful forgetting which sport they are playing, Mr Jelly running away in fear when he sees the other team and Mr Bounce getting bounced out of the ground, it's t looking very hopeful. Mr Men and Little Miss Celebrations introduce children to all the exciting occasions that people celebrate including birthdays, Christmas, Halloween, Easter, sporting events...and even a trip to the moon. These colourful adventures will delight children of two years and upwards. Bold illustrations and funny stories make Mr Men and Little Miss the perfect story time experience. Have you collected all the Mr Men and Little Miss Celebrations? Mr Birthday Little Miss Birthday; Mr Christmas Little Miss Christmas; Mr Men A Christmas Carol; Mr Men The Night Before Christmas; Mr Men 12 Days of Christmas; Mr Men A Christmas Pantomine; Mr Men A White Christmas; Mr Men Meet Father Christmas; Mr Men The Christmas Tree; Mr Men The Christmas Party; Little Miss Princess and the Very Special Party; Mr Men Sports Day; Mr Tickle and the Scary Halloween; Mr Men The Big Match; Mr Men and the Tooth Fairy; Mr Men Trip to the Moon; Mr Impossible and the Easter Egg Hunt; Mr Mischief and the Leprechaun; and, Mr Men: The Rugby Match. It all started with a tickle. Roger Hargreaves' son Adam asked him what a tickle looked like. In response, Roger drew a small orange man with extraordinarily long arms that could reach anywhere and tickle anyone. Mr Tickle, the first of the Mr Men, was born. Mr Tickle was soon joined by Mr Greedy, Mr Happy, Mr Nosey, Mr Sneeze and Mr Bump. The books were an instant hit and Roger went on to create many more Mr Men and Little Miss characters. What Roger really wanted was to make children laugh, which is probably why his own favourite character is Mr Silly.
- Author BiographyIt all started with a tickle. Roger Hargreaves' son Adam asked him what a tickle looked like. In response, Roger drew a small orange man with extraordinarily long arms that could reach anywhere and tickle anyone. The idea that a tickle could be a character in its own right sparked an idea in Roger's mind. Roger was a successful copywriter but he wanted to do something that would enable him to work from home and spend more time with his four children. He wondered if he could make a living writing and illustrating children's books so he wrote the first Mr Men titles: Mr Tickle, Mr Greedy, Mr Happy, Mr Nosey, Mr Sneeze and Mr Bump. The books were an instant hit and Roger went on to create many more Mr Men and Little Miss characters. What Roger really wanted was to make children laugh. Mr Silly was his favourite Mr Men story and, according to his family, encapsulates his humour most closely. Sadly Roger passed away in 1988, but his son Adam took over the series, introducing new characters and exciting new adventures. Roger once said, 'I feel very happy to think that when the Mr Men and Little Misses are 100 years old, their readers will always be five.'
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleMr. Men & Little Miss Celebrations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Weight52 g
- Width140 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Most relevant reviews
- colemzoil20 Oct, 2016by
Good addition to Mr Men books collection
My boy love it. Fun and he santa not wait to learn to read he is only 4
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.