All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationBefore Underbelly, there was Abe Saffron, Australias first and most notorious Godfather, who ruled the underworld like a modern Caesar. For 40 years, the so-called Mr Sin was at the forefront of organised crime in Sydney. This riveting documentary is a story of bribery, blackmail and corruption and examines how Australias enigmatic crime boss Abe Saffron remained untouchable for so long. Few major cities, anywhere in the world, escape a degree of corruption. In Sydney, corruption became so entrenched that organised criminal activity became institutionalised. From the top down, just about everyone in a position of power was on the take. Quietly spoken Abe Saffron, whose tools of trade were blackmail and bribery, was the spider at the centre of the web. Before Abe, Sydneys underworld was run by razor gangs and thugs. Abe introduced respectability, lawyers, accountants and businesses that fronted for any number of illegal activities. Australians know the name Abe Saffron but little else beyond the fact he ran brothels and strip clubs. This film provides real revelations about who Abe was, what he did and who he did it to. Those who were closest to Abe take us into the life of the man who became the number one crime boss in Australia. Mr SIN: THE ABE SAFFRON STORY is full of engaging and unique characters, family members and others a little more rough around the edges.
- TitleMr. Sin - The Abe Saffron Story
- Product Release Date01/06/2010
- Theatrical Release Year2009
- Number of Discs2
- DirectorsHugh Piper
- Rating InfoCoarse Language,Mature Themes And Violence
- Run Time180 minutes
- Primary GenreSpecial Interest
- Video FormatPAL
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $39.89Trending at AU $73.30
- AU $63.95Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $24.89Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $64.23Trending at AU $95.19
- AU $83.94Trending at AU $114.17
- AU $24.45Trending at AU $25.66
- AU $63.69Trending at AU $78.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.