Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.22+ AU $6.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHoward Marks is the most famous drug smuggler of his age, and a hero to a generation. On his release from one of America's toughest prisons, Howard made a promise to himself to go straight. No more drugs, more smuggling, more fake passports. He would retire to a quiet life with his family in the Balearic Islands of Spain. It didn't quite work out that way. This was the mid-nineties, the height of the ecstasy and clubbing boom, and Ibiza was at the very centre of the vortex for the 'E generation'. Pills had taken the place of marijuana, Paul Oakenfold had replaced The Rolling Stones as the music of the masses, but some people are just born for life on the other side of the law. It wasn't long before Howard found himself trying pure ecstasy and rubbing shoulders with some of the king-pins of the pill trade. These included some of Britain's most torious gangsters, who were laundering millions of pounds of gold stolen from the legendary Brink's-Mat bullion raid. As Britons descended on Ibiza ahead of one of the greatest summers of the nineties, Howard was preparing for his most outrageous operation yet. Incredibly funny, moving and scabrous, Howard Marks' Mr Smiley follows a journey to the heartland of the clubbing and British crime scene. It is also a fitting last word from one of Britain's best loved bad boys.
- Author BiographyHoward Marks was Britain's most famous drug smuggler, having served seven years in an US penitentiary before going on to become the bestselling author of Mr Nice. A former Oxford physics graduate, he was released from prison in 1995. He had previously been connected with groups as diverse as the CIA, IRA, M16 and the Mafia. On release from prison he moved to Ibiza at the height of the clubbing scene. In 2014 he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Howard Marks died in April 2016. Mr Smiley was his last pill and testament.
- Author(s)Howard Marks
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight576 g
- Width160 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.