All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe most influential speaker of the House most people have never heard of...Reed makes for good copy...Grant has managed to rescue Reed from oblivion and to capture the raucous political atmosphere in which Reed did battle (Jonathan Karl, The Wall Street Journal). James Grant's enthralling biography of Thomas B. Reed, Speaker of the House during one of the most turbulent times in American history--the decades before the ascension of reformer President Theodore Roosevelt--brings to life one of the brightest, wittiest, and most consequential political stars in our history, a man who changed forever the way the House of Representatives does its business by reforming the misuse of the filibuster.
- Author BiographyJames Grant founded Grant's Interest Rate Observer in 1983. He is the author of five books on finance and financial history as well as of the biography John Adams: Party of One. He has appeared on 60 Minutes, Jim Lehrer's News Hour, and CBS Evening News.
- Author(s)James Grant
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight395 g
- Width141 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.