All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bear Chef Children's Books encourage young children to start cooking and to gain confidence in food handling and understanding with the support of an adult. They cover a range of early science concepts and encourage learning in the early years. Mr. Willow's Herb Garden and Some Very Cheeky Seagulls is written specifically for young children and adults to share. It is a lovely true life story told with photographs about the cheeky seagulls that made a nest and reared their babies in Mr. Willow's herb garden! Smell the herbs together and then follow Rosemary and Minty those cheeky chicks as they hatch, grow, and learn. Follow the link to see them live on YouTube! This book is full of beautiful photographs, sensory activities and ideas to capture and extend your child's imagination and learning. As with his other books Mr. Willow's Herb Garden and Some Very Cheeky Seagulls has a simple and practical recipe to make together at the end ...his trade mark for encouraging food understanding and healthy eating in the early years. Mr Willow and his dedicated team at Willow Cottage Nurseries, Oxford w hold a Leading Aspect in Education Award for their cutting-edge performance and practice within early year's education.
- Author BiographyAbout the author: Valerie Grady B.Sc. (London) P.G.C.E. (Warwick) E.Y.P.S. (Oxford) Valerie is passionate about re-instating and revitalising basic cookery skills within our homes and schools and believes that we should start this within the curriculum for very young. In order to make healthy food fun for this age group she created Mr. Willow (The Bear Chef) as a healthy children's food hero. Mr. Willow now appears in his own children's books which have been specifically written for children and adults to share. They provide a wealth of educational material and lots of activities to inspire, enable, interest and extend a child's learning. Each book has a practical and healthy recipe to make, to encourage early cookery and healthy eating. Valerie is Founding Director of Education and Child Development at Willow Cottage Nurseries, Oxford, England where she has over 28 years experience in successfully developing suitable recipes, delivering healthy food and fun-food- education for young children. She is a post graduate home economics teacher (Warwick University) with a Food Sciences honours degree (Kings College, London) having recently gained her Early Years Professional Status in Oxford in 2009. As such she has an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a child's nutritional needs and 28 years experience of leading teams of inspirational nursery practitioners to deliver excellence within in the early year's curriculum. As a nation I believe that we are letting our children down in the very way that we are currently feeding and training them. We have childhood obesity at record levels and affiliated diseases like diabetes rapidly on the rise. Mr. Willow's healthy food campaign Nursery Food Matters is set to help fight childhood obesity and to educate children about healthy food right from the start . Mr Willow and his dedicated team at Willow Cottage Nurseries, Oxford now hold a Leading Aspect in Education Award for their cutting-edge performance and practice within early year's education. www.willow-cottage.com The Bear Chef Children's Books, Recipe Books, Fun- Food- Activities and other foodie resources are published in order to share and promote this practice. www.nurseryfood.com
- Author(s)Valerie Grady
- PublisherWillow Cottage
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleWillow Cottage
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 1
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillow Cottage
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight92 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.