All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionMrs Ali's much loved home is suddenly under threat - a road widening scheme threatens to destroy both it and the family business, the Marriage Bureau for Rich People. Meanwhile, Mrs Ali's niece, Pari, a young Muslim widow, adopts a destitute Hindu boy, and this urthodox arrangement offends both Muslim and Hindu in the sleepy eastern Indian town of Vizag. The Ali family are plunged into crisis, threated by police action, social boycott and excommunication. There is one plan that might just keep Pari and her son together, and the home Mr and Mrs Ali have shared for many years intact, but it's a desperate gamble. Do they risk everything for a small chance of success? But can they afford t to?
- Author BiographyFarahad Zama works for a multinationational investment bank. The Marriage Bureau for Rich People was a Richard & Judy Daily Mail selection and was shortlisted for Waterstone's First Novel at the 2009 National Book Awards and a Muslim Writers Award, and it won the Melissa Nathan Award.
- Author(s)Farahad Zama
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleMarriage Bureau for Rich People
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight204 g
- Width200 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.