All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.92
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete guide to British cooking by our most famous cook - fully updated for the 21st century kitchen. Published to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Mrs Beeton's first publication, the 220 classic British recipes in this stunning collection are taken from the original Book of Household Management and have been updated for the twenty-first-century kitchen. Combined with sound, modern advice on how to source good food, plus detailed information on ingredients and equipment, and illustrations of all the techniques required, this is still the go-to for any aspiring or experienced home cook.
- Author BiographyIsabella Mary Beeton was born in London is 1836, where she grew up in a household of 21 children. It took Isabella four years to compile her masterwork, publishing MRS BEETON'S BOOK OF HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT in 1861. It contains an enormous amount of information to help people live, in Isabella Beeton's own words, 'economically, tastefully and well'. Her style, imparting information as clearly and simply as possible, was hugely influential. The book sold 60,000 copies in its first year, but Isabella Beeton died four years later, in 1865, aged just 28. The enduring popularity of MRS BEETON'S BOOK OF HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT is testament to the quality of her advice. Gerard Baker is a chef, food writer, broadcaster and historian. He has written extensively for THE TIMES, THE KITCHEN GARDEN, BBC GOOD FOOD MAGAZINE and has been a specialist food contributor for BBC's national news networks and programmes for over 12 years. He has been nominated for Pick of the Year on BBC Radio 4 's FOOD PROGRAMME and he has made numerous television appearances; most notably on the judging panel on Rosemary Schrager's SCHOOL FOR COOK and as the food historian to the Hairy Bikers on their MUMS KNOW BEST BBC tour.
- Author(s)Isabella Beeton
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content Note260
- Weight1475 g
- Width197 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.