All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA household name for over 130 years, Mrs Beeton's Book of Cookery and Household Management has remained through its many editions an unrivalled, home reference and essential kitchen companion for every cook. The most comprehensive cookery book of its type, with over 2000 recipes tried and tested for the modern cook, this new edition preserves all the qualities of Mrs Beeton's original work yet brings it thoroughly up to date. Essential information is given on selection of ingredients together with sound advice on diet and menu planning. All basic methods and techniques are clearly described with the aid of step-by-step illustrations, and Mrs Beeton's invaluable hints and tips throughout will ensure success every time. Beautifully presented, with superb colour photographs of fininshed dishes, the wealth of recipes will provide ideas for all occasions. Mrs Beeton's Book of Cookery and Household Management is t however just a cookery book. Guidance is also given on cleaning, laundry, home maintainance, health, first aid, social custom, etiquette, money management and the law - up-to-date information on every aspect of modern housekeeping.
- Author BiographyIsabella Mary Beeton was born in London is 1836, where she grew up in a household of twenty-one children. It took Isabella four years to compile her masterwork, publishing Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management in 1861. It contains an enormous amount of information to help people live, in Isabella Beeton's own words, 'economically, tastefully and well'. Her style, imparting information as clearly and simply as possible, was hugely influential. The book sold 60,000 copies in its first year, but Isabella Beeton died four years later, in 1865, aged just twenty-eight. The enduring popularity of Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management is testament to the quality of her advice.
- Author(s)Mrs. Beeton
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/09/1994
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld Nicolson Illustrated
- Out-of-print date22/06/2012
- Content Note64 colour photograph
- Weight1948 g
- Width191 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Volume editorBridget Jones
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.