Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete guide to all things poultry by our most famous cook - fully updated for the 21st-century kitchen. Poultry is a big part of our daily diets - but how adventurous are we with our cooking? Mrs Beeton brings together those dishes we love to cook for hearty family suppers - chicken pie and roast turkey, as well as other delicious suggestions that can be cooked all year round. From game terrine, pot-roast pheasant and rabbit curry, this gorgeous collection of recipes will inspire you to create timeless dishes with Britain's most popular meat. All of the recipes have been drawn from Mrs Beeton's original Book of Household Management and have been updated for the 21st-century kitchen. Combined with sound, modern advice on how to source good food, plus information on ingredients and equipment, and illustrations of all the techniques required, this is the go-to mini-book for any aspiring or experienced home cook.
- Author BiographyIsabella Mary Beeton was born in London in 1836 and grew up in a household of 21 children. Her style, imparting information as clearly as possible, was hugely influential and the enduring popularity of MRS BEETON'S BOOK OF HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT is a testament to the quality of her advice. Gerard Baker is a chef, food writer, broadcaster and historian. He has written extensively for THE TIMES, THE KITCHEN GARDEN and BBC GOOD FOOD MAGAZINE, and has been a specialist food contributor for BBC's national news networks and programmes for over 12 years. He has made numerous television appearances, most notably on the judging panel on Rosemary Schrager's SCHOOL OF COOKS and as the food historian to the Hairy Bikers on the MUMS KNOW BEST tour.
- Author(s)Isabella Beeton
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleMrs Beeton
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Out-of-print date05/11/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width159 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byValentine Warner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.