Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.66+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a first collection with a strong atmosphere and a distinctive voice. Mrs. Carmichael brings together poems written over the past twenty years. A house collapsing in the night, the wives of the Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi, social misfits of several kinds, William Cowper's pet hares - Ruth Silcock's subjects are often unusual. She is drawn to the neglected, peculiar or unticed, and brings the situations, people and places in her poems to life with humour, adroit observation and great dexterity in unfamiliar verse patterns.
- Author BiographyBorn in Manchester in 1926, Ruth Silcock read English at Girton College, Cambridge, and later became a psychiatric social worker, working with both adults and children. She has published several children's books.
- Author(s)Ruth Silcock
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/1987
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight139 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.95
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.