All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $13.79Free postage
- AU $16.29Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionMrs. Frisby, a widowed mouse with four small children, is faced with a terrible problem. She must move her family to their summer quarters immediately, or face almost certain death. But her youngest son, Timothy, lies ill with pneumonia and must t be moved. Fortunately, she encounters the rats of NIMH, an extraordinary breed of highly intelligent creatures, who come up with a brilliant solution to her dilemma. And Mrs. Frisby in turn renders them a great service.
- Author BiographyRobert C. O'Brien In real life, Robert C. O'Brien was Robert Leslie Conly. He was born in Brooklyn, New York, attended Williams College and graduated from the Universtiy of Rochester. While there he studied piano at Eastman School of Music, and at one time considered being a musician. Instead, he became an editor and writer for Newsweek magazine from 1941 to 1944, and for Pathfinder from 1946 to 1951. From 1951 until the time of his death in 1973 he was employed as a writer and editor by the National Geographic Magazine. He made his home in New York City before 1944 and in Washington, D.C. after that. He also had a home in Morgan County, West Virginia, after 1965, a place he loved and visited as often as he could. He was married and the father of one son and three daughters. His books include The Silver Crown, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, which won the Newbery Award, and A Report From Group 17. His last book, Z is for Zachariah was nearly completed at the time of his death; the last few chapters were written from notes by this wife and one of his daughters.
- PrizesWinner of John Newbery Medal 1972.
- Author(s)Robert C. O'Brien
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/03/1986
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementReprinted edition
Most relevant reviews
- tiggerosie09 Jan, 2013by
Loved the ease with which I could find and purchase this classic tale.
I bought this book on ebay as we had already read it and loved it and I wanted to get it for a gift for a friend's daughter. The book was priced very reasonably and it made it all very easy to purchase and send the gift. I was delighted to find it in print, with a great new cover. This process was quicker and easier and cheaper than shopping in the stores, especially for us in a rural area.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06