All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a wonderfully loopy third episode, Nick and Maxine are surprised to meet Captain Noodlekugel, back from the sea with a somewhat untrainable bear. When their father decides to compete to be speed-knitting champion of the world, Nick and Maxine are happy to stay with their babysitter, Mrs. Noodlekugel, along with her talking cats and four mice who wear glasses. What they don t expect is a dripping-wet, whiskered man in the kitchen the next morning! Captain Noodlekugel has left his seafaring life to train animals for the circus, and he s even brought with him a hefty bear named Drooly for practice. But whenever he tries to teach Drooly to dance, the bear wobbles and falls asleep on the tulips. When Drooly goes missing, the siblings must try to figure out where a big clumsy bear might go!
- Author BiographyDaniel Pinkwater is the wildly popular author of many books for children, including the Mrs. Noodlekugel series, illustrated by Adam Stower, and Bear in Love, illustrated by Will Hillenbrand. He is a well-known authority on children s books who appeared for many years on NPR s Weekend Edition and now appears on The Bob Edwards Show on Sirius. Daniel Pinkwater lives in Hyde Park, New York. Adam Stower has illustrated a number of children s books, including Bottoms Up! and Sing a Song of Bottoms!, both by Jeanne Willis. He lives in Brighton, England.
- Author(s)Daniel Pinkwater
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMrs. Noodlekugel
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight68 g
- Width137 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Stower
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.