All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVivacious, young Hester Christie tries to run her home like clockwork, as would befit the wife of British Army officer, Tim Christie. However hard Mrs Tim strives for seamless living amidst the other army wives, she is always moving flat-out to remember groceries, rule lively children, side-step village gossip and placate her husband with bacon, eggs, toast and marmalade. Left alone for months at a time whilst her husband is with his regiment, Mrs Tim resolves to keep a diary of events large and small in her family life. Once pen is set to paper affairs of the head or heart are overlooked. When a move to a new regiment in Scotland uproots the Christie family, Mrs Tim is hurled into a whole new drama of dilemmas; from settling in with a new set whilst her husband is away, to disentangling a dear friend from an unsuitable match. Against the wild landscape of surging rivers, sheer rocks and rolling mists, who should stride into Mrs Tim's life one day but the dashing Major Morley, hellbent on pursuit of our charming heroine. And Hester will soon find that life holds unexpected crossroads...Mrs Tim of the Regiment is part of The Bloomsbury Group, a new library of books from the early twentieth-century chosen by readers for readers.
- Author BiographyDorothy Emily Stevenson was born in Edinburgh on the 18th, November 1892. She is usually referred to as D. E. Stevenson and during her lifetime she wrote over 40 novels, which were published on both sides of the Atlantic. She married Captain James Reid Peploe in 1916 and had four children. Her first book Peter West was published in 1923 but she did not really start to become a novelist until 1932 with the publication of her first 'Mrs. Tim' book. Dorothy Emily Stevenson died the 30th of December 1973 at the age of 81 and was buried in Moffat, Dumfriesshire, Scotland where she lived for many years.
- Author(s)D. E. Stevenson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/11/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Bloomsbury Group
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $28.17Trending at AU $28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.