All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Mrs. Tubbs Does Her Bit: A Patriotic Comedy-Drama, in Three Acts And hes worth more to me than all the money hi the land, but I give him gladly to his country. In war time folks has got to make sacrifices. Rich and poor, high and low, we all got to do our bit. Ill work day and night, and God is good; Ill put my trust in Him, but my boy is going to fight for his country. Maybe Simon Rubbels aint as bad as hes painted, but there aint angel wings a-sproutin out of his shoulders, and Ive ticed that his breath smells a heap more like brimstone than it does like angel cake. God bless every one of em, every boy who wears the khaki on land, or tossing on the waves of the ocean, or over there in the trenches fightin fer their country and their flag. God bless em and send em safe home. Ive made up my mind, and when Mollie Tubbs makes up her mind the hull United States army and navy to boot cant unmake it. Gimme that rifle! Im doing my bit fer humanity and my native land. If every black cloud had a cyclone in it, the world uda been blowed to toothpicks long ago. Its the little things in life that count, Scuffles. The little things. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Walter Ben Hare
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.