All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA national bestseller when first published in 1901, Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch endures today as one of the most memorable literary creations by a Kentucky author. This immensely popular vel spawned several movies (with such stars as W.C. Fields and Shirley Temple), countless stage productions, radio shows, and even dolls.Alice Hegan Rice spins the memorable tale of a family struggling against all odds in the Cabbage Patch, an old Louisville slum where ramshackle cottages played hop-scotch over the railroad tracks. This hopeful story follows the Wiggs as they face eviction from their dilapidated house and take in two orphanage fugitives. Out of print for many years, this charming, funny chronicle of hope triumphing over despair is finally available to a new generation of readers.
- Author BiographyAlice Hegan Rice (1870--1942) was the author of twenty books, including the autobiography The Inky Way. She lived in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Alice Hegan Rice
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication28/02/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byWade Hall
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.