Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionAlready coping with two significant medical conditions, David L. Folck survives a near-death medical malpractice nightmare from a n-hospital acquired infection that required life-saving heart surgery. A legal nightmare followed that was full of surprises, back-stabbings and disappointments. Depositions from the case provide memorable statements from defendants and medical experts. Several years pass after a settlement, and the author finally finds the strength to relive the experience and recount this shocking, compelling tale. Along with this first person true story, the author also provides tips on navigating the medical malpractice system and provides timely and important ideas for reform. It is written in the style of a 60 Minutes report but with significant details. It took 6+ years for the author to complete the book due to the subject matter and a significant clinical depression. No first person story of a medical malpractice experience has been written and published as a book until w. This book started as a therapeutic mental exercise after a horrific med mal nightmare ordeal. The subject matter is w quite timely and is part of a growing wave to reform or overturn the unfair, unjust, one-sided med mal law in California kwn as The MICRA. With Prop. 46 (which offers reforms to the current MICRA Law) on the November 2014 California Ballot, the information in this book about med mal reforms in The Golden State is Very timely.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Folck holds a B.S. in Marketing from San Diego State University and an MBA from UCLA. He is a survivor of an egregious case of gross negligence medical malpractice in California.
- Author(s)MR David L Folck
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.