All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, the author takes us on a tour of the Samurai code of Bushido. He talks of his encounters with the descendants of famous samurai' of the past. We are taken to ancient Japan to meet the most influential samurai through the memories of their descendantsas told to the author by members of those very samurai families! We learn about the many rituals of the sword and discover how they were made, cared for and tested. The author instructs us on the use of the sword with over twenty traditional sword drawing techniques and sparring routines. Discover what made the Samurai such lethal swordsmen. Learn the one cut techniques of the Samurai. For all styles and all levels of experience.
- Author BiographyDarrell Max Craig is a highly regarded teacher of many of Japanese martial arts, and a pioneer in their development in the West for over forty years. He holds multiple black belts and is a U.S. Kendo champion, leading the U.S. Kendo team to the world championships. In 1973 he was awarded the title of Shihan, or Master Teacher. Among his many books on the subject is the widely praised The Heart of Kendo. He lives in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)Max Craig Darrell
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication28/01/2003
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note608
- Weight617 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.