All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere, the author takes the reader on a tour of the Samurai code of Bushido. He talks of his encounters with the descendants of famous Samurais of the past. The book goes back to ancient Japan to meet the most influential Samurai through the memories of their descendants, as told to the author by members of those very Samurai families. It also explores the many rituals of the sword and describes how they were made, cared for and tested. Included are clear instructions on the use of the sword with over 20 traditional sword drawing and sparring routines.
- Author BiographyDarrell Max Craig is a highly regarded teacher of many of Japanese martial arts, and a pioneer in their development in the West for over forty years. He holds multiple black belts and is a U.S. Kendo champion, leading the U.S. Kendo team to the world championships. In 1973 he was awarded the title of Shihan, or Master Teacher. Among his many books on the subject is the widely praised The Heart of Kendo. He lives in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)Max Craig Darrell
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication28/01/2003
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Notelin
- Weight617 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.