All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuhammad: the man who transformed Arabia. The man whose life in some measure determines the everyday behaviour of more than a billion of his followers across the world. And yet a man it is difficult to kw. As the author of this book points out, biographies of Muhammad have tended to present him either as a man who could do thing right or else as a man who could do thing wrong. Somewhere in between is the real Muhammad. Dr Cotterell has taught and lectured on Islam for more than 30 years. For over 20 years he lived and worked in Ethiopia. This book is the result of those years of struggling to understand Islam and Muhammad, its central figure.
- Author BiographyDr Cotterell holds a BSc in physics, a BD, and a PhD in linguistics from the University of London. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and was awarded an honorary doctorate by Brunel University in recognition of his contribution to Higher Education. He worked for some 24 years in Ethiopia, and was Principal of London School of Theology, and Founding Director of the Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology. He has written twenty books, including Linguistics and Biblical Interpretation , and Islam in Context (written with Professor Peter Riddell). In addition he has contributed numerous articles to learned journals.
- Author(s)Peter Cotterell
- PublisherAcorn Press Limited
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBrunswick East
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAcorn Press Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illu
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.