All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe only book to provide a complete survey - from the crystallographic fundamentals right up to recent high-tech applications in aerospace techlogy. Following a general introduction to the topic, the authors go on to cover the crystal chemistry of mullite and related phases, as well as its basic properties, phase equilibria and stability. One whole section is devoted to the synthesis and processing of mullite ceramics, while later ones cover mullite coatings, fibers and matrix composites. For materials scientists, solid state chemists and physicists, crystallographers and mineralogists.
- Author BiographyHartmut Schneider is the head of the Structural and Functional Ceramics group at the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Institute of Materials Research, Koln (Germany) and is a Professor of Applied Mineralogy at the University of Hannover (Germany). He has been working on different topics of high pressure mineralogy and on refractory and ceramic materials. He is renowned for his research work in crystal chemistry, ceramics and composites of mullite, an alumino silicate of the stoichiometric composition 3Al2O3*2SiO2. Professor Schneider has published over 200 scientific and technical papers. His list of awards includes the Japanese Government Research Award, the Lilienthal Award, and the Fellowship of the American Ceramic Society.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations,
- Weight1084 g
- Width186 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byH. Schneider,Sridhar Komarneni
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.