Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaron Wormser, a master of the persona poem, is well kwn for his empathic exploration of possible lives. This fifth collection of poetry by this fiction writer in a poet's body, includes an examination of his own life as well. Mulroney & Others provides glimpses of Wormser's childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, as well as accounts of Vietnam vets and draft dodgers, socialites and outcasts. Loyal readers will welcome his trademark poise, the elegant balance he achieves with understatement both metrically deft and intellectually intricate. These poems prove Anais Nin's insight that We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. Wormser's invitation to engage ourselves in seeing is irresistible, especially as he models the process with such impassioned interest. 'I kw, ' everyone is saying at once/To one ather and the word-riddled universe. . . . he writes. His poems tempt us to trade the obscurity of facile assumption for the powerful illumination of wonder. In Wormser's words, the universe is irrefutably personal.Baron Wormser is the author of four previous collections of poetry: The White Words (Houghton Mifflin, 1983), Good Trembling (Houghton Mifflin, 1985), Atoms, Soul Music, and Other Poems (Paris Review Editions, 1989), When (Sarabande Books, 1997), and co-author of Teaching the Art of Poetry: The Moves (Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1999). His poems, essays, and reviews have appeared in a wide variety of journals including The Paris Review, Sewanee Review, The New Republic, Harper's, and Poetry. He has received fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the John Guggenheim Memorial Foundation. He lives with his wife in Hallowell, Maine. The particular gift in Wormser's work is in the narrative. . . . He is poised to record, to expose, to express, t to pounce. The language can sometimes ambush a reader with wonder, but Wormser never breaks a sweat. . . . Mulroney & Others is one of those rare books of poetry that will have resonance in the lives of nearly every reader. . . (he) mixes just the right amount of cleverness with a smart appreciation for language, humor, humanity, pain and love. - Ba
- Author BiographyWormser is the author of seven books of poetry, a collection of short stories, and a memoir, among others. He directs the Frost Place Conference on Poetry and Teaching and teaches in the Stonecoast MFA Program. The recipient of fellowships from the NEA and the Guggenheim Memorial Foundation, Wormser served as Poet Laureate of Maine from 2000 to 2005.
- Author(s)Baron Wormser
- PublisherSarabande Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSarabande Books
- Weight181 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.