All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook brings together for the first time theory, policy and skills relevant to working in a multi agency setting within the criminal justice system. It comes at an important time as the professional qualifying arrangements for probation officers are changing, along with the development of a mixed ecomy of correctional practice. The book outlines the legislative and policy framework in the criminal justice system, and evaluates professional and organisational conflicts within multi agency contexts as well as highlighting key offender groups, and issues associated with desistance from crime. It is essential reading for all students and practitioners involved in or studying correctional work, through the Probation or Prison services, or other agencies.
- Author BiographyAaron Pycroft is is Senior Lecturer in Addiction Studies in the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at the University of Portsmouth. His primary teaching and research interests are in substance misuse, multi-agency working and the application of complexity theory to policy and practice in the delivery of rehabilitation services. Dennis Gough is Senior Lecturer in Penology with the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies at the University of Portsmouth. He teaches and researches in the broad fields of punishment, prisons and their respective alternatives. His PhD research is concerned with the governance of corrections
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byAaron Pycroft,Dennis Gough
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.