All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionFlooding in urbanized areas has become a very important issue around the world. The level of service (or performance) of urban drainage systems (UDS) degrades in time for a number of reasons. In order to maintain an acceptable performance of UDS, early rehabilitation plans must be developed and implemented. In developing countries the situation is serious, little investment is done and there are smaller funds each year for rehabilitation. The allocation of such funds must be optimal in providing value for money. However this task is t easy to achieve due to the multicriteria nature of the rehabilitation process, taking into account technical, environmental and social interests. Most of the time these are conflicting, which make it a highly demanding task. This book introduces a framework to deal with multicriteria decision making for the rehabilitation of urban drainage systems, and focuses on several aspects such as the improvement of the performance of the multicriteria optimization through the inclusion of new features in the algorithms and the proper selection of performance criteria. The use of Genetic Algorithms, parallelization and application in countries like Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela are treated in this book.
- Author BiographyWilmer Barreto received his degree of civil engineering from the University Lisandro Alvarado in Barquisimeto, Venezuela in 1992. He worked as assistant engineer at the Interamerican Center for Land and Water Development (CIDIAT - Merida Venezuela) in the period 1992-1993. He joined the University Lisandro Alvarado as a lecturer in Fluid Mechanics, Hydrology and Software Development (199present). In October 1999 he moved to Delft, the Netherlands, joining the Hydroinformatics Master program at the IHE institute where he was awarded Master of Science in May 2001. In July of 2005 he started working on his PhD (2012) on Multiobjective Optimization for Urban Drainage Problems. He has participated in several national and international projects in the area of water resources and planning.
- Author(s)Wilmer Jose Barreto Cordero
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Weight385 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.