Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $180.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $204.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDetails a real-world product that applies a cutting-edge multi-core architecture Increasingly demanding modern applications-such as those used in telecommunications networking and real-time processing of audio, video, and multimedia streams-require multiple processors to achieve computational performance at the rate of a few giga-operations per second. This necessity for speed and manageable power consumption makes it likely that the next generation of embedded processing systems will include hundreds of cores, while being increasingly programmable, blending processors and configurable hardware in a power-efficient manner. Multi-Core Embedded Systems presents a variety of perspectives that elucidate the technical challenges associated with such increased integration of homogeneous (processors) and heterogeneous multiple cores. It offers an analysis that industry engineers and professionals will need to understand the physical details of both software and hardware in embedded architectures, as well as their limitations and potential for future growth. Discusses the available programming models spread across different abstraction levels The book begins with an overview of the evolution of multiprocessor architectures for embedded applications and discusses techniques for automous power management of system-level parameters. It addresses the use of existing open-source (and free) tools originating from several application domains-such as traffic modeling, graph theory, parallel computing and network simulation. In addition, the authors cover other important topics associated with multi-core embedded systems, such as: * Architectures and interconnects * Embedded design methodologies * Mapping of applications * Programming paradigms and models of computation * Power optimization and reliability issues * Performance tools and benchmarks * Resource management * Multithreading * Multi-core programming challenges * Compiler and operating system support This is a detailed discussion of research on the interaction between multi-core systems, applications and software views, and processor configuration and extension, which add a new dimension to the problem space. The text offers a useful overview of the most widespread industrial and domain-specific solutions, providing several examples of working implementations.
- Author BiographyGeorgios Kornaros is currently with the Applied Informatics and Multimedia Department of the Technological Educational Institute of Crete in Greece and also with the Technical University of Crete, Greece. In the past he worked as a systems architect and designer of single-chip switches and network processor designs for a few research institutes and companies. Kornaros has taped out three single-chip multi-core devices for networking. As a technical manager of the Digital Integrated Systems Group of ISD SA (2000) and later, also as Technical Manager of Ellemedia Technologies Ltd. Crete Department (2001-2005), he designed a few network processors. His research interests include high-speed communication architectures, networking systems, multi-core architectures, embedded and reconfigurable systems, full and semi-custom IC design. Kornaros is the author or co-author of more than 40 publications in refereed international conferences and journals. He is an IEEE member and a member of the Technical Chamber of Greece.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/04/2010
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEmbedded Multi-core Systems
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note205 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byGeorgios Kornaros
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.